WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – Did you know that The Westchester Mall sits on what used to be the Westchester Avenue stop on the New York, Westchester and Boston Railway (NYW&B)?
The all-electric railway was built between 1906 and 1912. The Westchester Avenue terminal was one of four White Plains stations.
The NYW&B stopped service when it went bankrupt in 1937.
Before the railway was completed in 1912, an engineer’s dinner was held. Because no expense was spared in building the line, it has been called Westchester County’s “million-dollar-a-mile railroad.”
The original of this menu is part of the McParian Collection at the White Plains City Archives.
- 1 Robber Walks Off With $90,000 From White Plains Gas Station, Police Say
- 2 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 3 White Plains Man Pleads Guilty To Manslaughter In Vodka Bottle Case
- 4 Suspect Apprehended In $90K White Plains Auto Shop Robbery
- 5 Rye Police Identify High School Student Charged In Latest Bomb Threat