WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - It may be cold in White Plains this weekend, but there's plenty of events to drag you out of your winter hibernation. Here's a look at what's going on in White Plains this weekend:
- Stop by ArtsWestchester's Connections exhibit, which features work from 31 artists included in the non-profit's teaching artist directory. The all-media exhibit includes paintings, sculptures, digital art, photography, film-making, and acting. The 31 Mamaroneck Ave. gallery will be open from noon to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday. For more information, please call (914) 428-4220 X 314.
- Faust Harrison Pianos is hosting the "Piano As Art" exhibit it inspired. Greenwich artists Penny Putnam and Shauna Holiman have set up sculptures made of piano parts and music-inspired paintings at the 214 Central Ave. piano factory. The gallery is open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Call (914) 288-4000 for more information.
- The YWCA White Plains and Central Westchester will hold a summer camp open house on Sunday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 515 North Street. Families are invited to learn more about the Little Friends Camp, Camp Funkist, Travel Camp, Gymnastics Summer Program, and Summer Camp for People with Developmental Disabilities from directors, counselors, and activity leaders.
- Church Street Elementary School will be hosting a book fair at the City Center Barnes and Noble Saturday to benefit the school PTA. Families are invited to enjoy scavenger hunts, story times with the principal and assistant principal, and face-to-face time with authors Dean Hacohen and Alexander London from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Call (914) 397-2420 for further details.
- Westmed Medical Group will be teaching a CPR class Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday. For $30, attendees will learn lifesaving techniques. Students should bring lunch to the 210 Westchester Ave. class location . For more information, call (914) 682-0700.
- Join White Plains in unveiling an exhibit by local artist Mary Ann Balco-Berry at the Michael Freidman Gallery of Sam's of Gedney Way. The opening reception will be held from 3:30 to 5 p.m. at 52 Gedney Way this Saturday. For more information, please call (914) 949-0978.
- Wespac will host a benefit concert featuring food and music by Tom Neilson at 6 p.m. Saturday. It will be held in the Mapleton Conference Center at 52 N. Broadway. Wespac seeks a $20 donation, but will not turn attendees away. For more information, call (914) 449-6514 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
- The Play Group Theatre will put on two "Footloose" performances at 8 p.m. Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday. Tickets cost $18, however, seniors and those under 12 may get tickets for $12. The theater is located at 1 N. Broadway. For more information, call (914) 946-4433.
- The Ethical Culture Society of Westchester is hosting David Leven, executive director of Compassion and Choices, who will discuss issues surrounding the end of your life. The free lecture will touch on what you need to know to have your care wishes respected during your final days. The Sunday lecture will begin at 10:30 a.m. at 7 Saxon Woods Rd. Call (914) 948-1120 for more information.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.