SCARSDALE, N.Y. – Jeffery C. Brown will be officially installed as rabbi of the Scarsdale Synagogue Temples Tremont and Emanu-El at Shabbat and Hanukkah services on Dec. 14.
Brown will become the congregation’s third senior rabbi since it was founded 50 years ago, succeeding Rabbi Stephen A. Klein, who has been the senior rabbi for two decades. Klein will remain affiliated with the synagogue, serving as rabbi emeritus.
The installation ceremony will be conducted by Rabbi David Ellenson, the president of Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion. Accompanying Ellenson will be David Frank, the senior rabbi of Temple Solel in California, where Brown served as associate rabbi for more than seven years before his move to Scarsdale.
The congregation’s cantor, Chanin Becker; Lisa Goldstein, the executive director of the Institute for Jewish Spirituality; and Cantor Leigh Korn of Temple Isaiah in California will also participate in the ceremony. A reception will follow services.
The community is invited to join the celebration at 7:30 p.m. on the seventh night of Hanukkah in the Synagogue’s sanctuary on Ogden Road.
- 1 White Plains Fires Longtime Public Works Commissioner
- 2 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 3 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 4 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says
- 5 Schumer Calls For Harsher 'Swatting' Penalties In Visit To Westchester