WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to White Plains’ Vanessa Ashley Rousso!
Vanessa Ashley Rousso, who was born in White Plains, turns 31 on Wednesday.
Rousso, a French-American professional poker player, was born Feb. 5, 1983. She is also known by her Pokerstars online screen name Lady Maverick.
As of 2013, Rousso has finished in the money in numerous live poker events and had earned over $3,475,000 in career earnings. She has placed in the money a cumulative total of fourteen times at the World Series of Poker. In the 2008 tournament, she placed 625th of 6844 entrants in the main event. However, in 2007, she had earned more than $700,000 with a second-place finish in the main event of the World Championship of Online Poker. She ranks among the top five women in poker history in terms of all-time money winnings.
In addition, she has become one of the game's foremost sex symbols. She has been a pro-gambling activist on both the national and state level.
- 1 White Plains' First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Cuomo Lessens Ebola Quarantine Protocols Due To Outside Pressure
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 4 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 5 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures