WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to White Plains’ Matthew Paul Miller!
Matthew Paul Miller, who was raised in White Plains, turns 35 on Monday.
Miller, a reggae rapper and alternative rock musician, was born June 30, 1979, in West Chester, Pennsylvania.
He is known by his Hebrew name and stage name Matisyahu ("Gift of God"). Since his debut, Matisyahu has received positive reviews from both rock and reggae outlets.
In 2006 he was named Top Reggae Artist by Billboard as well as being named as a spokesperson for Kenneth Cole Outlet stores.
Matisyahu received the "Most Lovable Oddball" during Esquire magazine's 2006 "Esky" Music Awards, being called "the most intriguing reggae artist in the world."
Matisyahu also appeared in the film Unsettled, which won the Grand Jury Prize for Best Documentary Feature at the 2007 Slamdance Film Festival.
In November 2009, NBC used Matisyahu's song "One Day" as background music to advertise their Olympic Games coverage.
- 1 White Plains' First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 3 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 5 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester