WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to White Plains’ Matthew Paul Miller!
Matthew Paul Miller, who was raised in White Plains, turns 35 on Monday.
Miller, a reggae rapper and alternative rock musician, was born June 30, 1979, in West Chester, Pennsylvania.
He is known by his Hebrew name and stage name Matisyahu ("Gift of God"). Since his debut, Matisyahu has received positive reviews from both rock and reggae outlets.
In 2006 he was named Top Reggae Artist by Billboard as well as being named as a spokesperson for Kenneth Cole Outlet stores.
Matisyahu received the "Most Lovable Oddball" during Esquire magazine's 2006 "Esky" Music Awards, being called "the most intriguing reggae artist in the world."
Matisyahu also appeared in the film Unsettled, which won the Grand Jury Prize for Best Documentary Feature at the 2007 Slamdance Film Festival.
In November 2009, NBC used Matisyahu's song "One Day" as background music to advertise their Olympic Games coverage.
- 1 Westchester Businesses Scramble To Keep Cadbury Chocolate In Stock
- 2 White Plains Native Zuckerberg Ranks 16th On Billionaires List
- 3 Widow In Harrison Murder-Suicide Will Receive Death Benefit
- 4 Sex Offenders Live Near White Plains Pre-K's, Report Says
- 5 White Plains Actress, School Aide Questioned About Baring Breasts