WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to White Plains’ Jesse McCartney!
McCartney, a long-time White Plains resident, turns 27 on Wednesday.
Jesse McCartney, a singer-songwriter, actor and voice actor, was born April 9, 1987, in Ardsley, N.Y. McCartney achieved fame in the late 1990s on the daytime drama "All My Children" as JR Chandler, a role for which he earned two Young Artist Awards and two Daytime Emmy Award nominations. He later joined boy band Dream Street, and eventually branched out into a solo musical career. Additionally, McCartney has appeared on shows such as "Summerland" and "Greek." McCartney also is known for lending his voice as Theodore in "Alvin and the Chipmunks" and its sequels, as well as voicing Robin/Nightwing in "Young Justice" and Roxas and Ventus in the video games series "Kingdom Hearts."
developed by Square Enix.
McCartney was one of the artists to win multiple awards at the 2005 Teen Choice Awards, including Choice Crossover Artist, Choice Male Artist and Choice Breakout, Male. The following year, he won Favorite Male Singer at the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards.
- 1 Renovated Starbucks Reopen In White Plains, Rye, Rye Brook
- 2 White Plains Native Zuckerberg Makes Forbes 400 Billionaire List
- 3 White Plains Scholar Named National Achievement Semifinalist
- 4 New Yorkers Urged To Protect Children From Dangerous Respiratory Virus
- 5 Westchester Residents Warned About Tax Rebate Scam