WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to White Plains’ Garrick Ohlsson!
Garrick Ohlsson, who was raised in White Plains, turns 66 on Thursday.
Ohlsson, a classical pianist, was born April 3, 1948, in New York.
Ohlsson was the first American to win first prize in the International Frédéric Chopin Piano Competition, in 1970. He also won first prize at the Busoni Competition in Italy and the Montreal Piano Competition in Canada. Ohlsson was awarded the Avery Fisher Prize in 1994 and received the 1998 University Musical Society Distinguished Artist Award in Ann Arbor, Michigan and Grammy Award in 2008.
- 1 White Plains Schools Will Have Early Dismissal Wednesday
- 2 White Plains HS Students Protest Non-Indictment In Ferguson
- 3 White Plains Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 4 White Plains Parking Officer Appears In Court On 'Sex For No Ticket' Charge
- 5 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287