WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to White Plains’ Garrick Ohlsson!
Garrick Ohlsson, who was raised in White Plains, turns 66 on Thursday.
Ohlsson, a classical pianist, was born April 3, 1948, in New York.
Ohlsson was the first American to win first prize in the International Frédéric Chopin Piano Competition, in 1970. He also won first prize at the Busoni Competition in Italy and the Montreal Piano Competition in Canada. Ohlsson was awarded the Avery Fisher Prize in 1994 and received the 1998 University Musical Society Distinguished Artist Award in Ann Arbor, Michigan and Grammy Award in 2008.
- 1 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For Parts Of Lower Hudson Valley
- 2 New Luxury Rental Property In White Plains Holds Grand Opening
- 3 IRS Warns White Plains Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 60-Year-Old Man Charged In 25 Cat Killings In Yonkers
- 5 Passenger Throws Heroin Out Of Car Window On Hutch, Say Police