WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to White Plains’ Garrick Ohlsson!
Garrick Ohlsson, who was raised in White Plains, turns 66 on Thursday.
Ohlsson, a classical pianist, was born April 3, 1948, in New York.
Ohlsson was the first American to win first prize in the International Frédéric Chopin Piano Competition, in 1970. He also won first prize at the Busoni Competition in Italy and the Montreal Piano Competition in Canada. Ohlsson was awarded the Avery Fisher Prize in 1994 and received the 1998 University Musical Society Distinguished Artist Award in Ann Arbor, Michigan and Grammy Award in 2008.
- 1 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 2 Stepinac's Jack Dailey Honored For Saving An Elderly Neighbor, Baby
- 3 Actor Bruce Willis Buys Two Westchester Properties, Report Says
- 4 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 5 White Plains Common Council Candidates Differ On Parking, FASNY