WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to White Plains’ Garrick Ohlsson!
Garrick Ohlsson, who was raised in White Plains, turns 66 on Thursday.
Ohlsson, a classical pianist, was born April 3, 1948, in New York.
Ohlsson was the first American to win first prize in the International Frédéric Chopin Piano Competition, in 1970. He also won first prize at the Busoni Competition in Italy and the Montreal Piano Competition in Canada. Ohlsson was awarded the Avery Fisher Prize in 1994 and received the 1998 University Musical Society Distinguished Artist Award in Ann Arbor, Michigan and Grammy Award in 2008.
- 1 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 2 White Plains Little League Baseball Teams Advance To State Playoffs
- 3 New Map Shows Lyme Disease Risk
- 4 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon
- 5 Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On Donald Trump's Westchester Estate