WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to White Plains’ Channing Thomas Frye!
Channing Thomas Frye, who was born in White Plains, turns 31 on Saturday.
Frye, a professional basketball player, who currently plays for the Phoenix Suns of the NBA, was born May 17, 1983. His positions are center and power forward. He attended the University of Arizona. Standing at 6 feet 11 inches tall and 245 pounds, Frye was selected eighth overall by the New York Knicks in the 2005 NBA Draft, and was the first college senior to be selected in that draft. He was named Rookie of the Month for November 2005 along with the New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets' Chris Paul.
In 2007, Frye established The Channing Frye Foundation. The foundation was founded with the goal of pointing youth in a positive and healthy direction. In 2010, Channing and his wife, Lauren, then established The Frye Family Foundation in order to give back to the communities that are important to the Fryes, in particular, Portland, Oregon and Phoenix, Arizona. Frye also sponsors a charity kickball tournament in Portland.
- 1 Snow Could Return To White Plains For Monday Morning Commute
- 2 Police Charge Student In Swastika Case At Purchase College
- 3 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 4 Chance Of Snow, Wind Chills In 20s Await White Plains Saturday
- 5 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed