WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – Happy Birthday to White Plains’ Adam T. Bradley!
Bradley, former Mayor of White Plains, turns 53 on Sunday.
The Democrat was born July 13, 1961 in Westchester County.served as White Plains mayor and a New York State assemblyman for the 89th Assembly District, which includes the towns of Bedford, Harrison, Lewisboro, Mount Kisco, New Castle, North Castle, Pound Ridge.
He was first elected to the Assembly in November 2002 after a successful primary election against the then Democratic incumbent Naomi Matusow. The central issue in that election revolved around a special sales tax premium afforded to White Plains. The controversial nuclear reactor at Indian Point also factored prominently in the election.
Bradley was a leading advocate for children's safety, environmental conservation and protection, and health care when he was in the New York State legislature. He was a member of the Mayors Against Illegal Guns Coalition, a bi-partisan coalition co-chaired by Boston Mayor Thomas Menino and New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg.
- 1 It's A Girl: Westchester's Clintons Are Grandparents As Chelsea Gives Birth
- 2 Renovated Starbucks Reopen In White Plains, Rye, Rye Brook
- 3 New Yorkers Urged To Protect Children From Dangerous Respiratory Virus
- 4 Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Targets Homeschooling
- 5 Mysterious UFO Still Vexes Westchester Police Officer