GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- The Greenburgh Library will honor Mary Slamin, the longtime head of the library's children's department, who is retiring after 32 years of service at a special Open House on Saturday, Jan. 11.
The Open House will be held from 2 to 4 p.m. and is sponsored by the Friends of the Greenburgh Public Library.
Beth and Scott Bierko will perform a concert for children of all ages. Mary will be honored right before the concert and afterwards.
"Mary has told stories to generations of Greenburgh's children," the library said in a statement. "Her creativity, passion, and enthusiasm for children's literature and libraries is inspiring."
For more information on the Open House, call Nancy McCrory at (914) 721-8216.
- 1 FASNY Plan Could 'Disrupt' White Plains Schools' Operations, Officials Say
- 2 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving White Plains Banks
- 3 White Plains Ranks Among Best Small-To-Midsize Cities In US
- 4 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 5 Police Locate Threats Against Westchester, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App