WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Temple Israel Center of White Plains will host the 22nd annual From the Met to Broadway Opera Concert on Sunday, March 23.
The concert will start at 7 p.m. at the center, 280 Old Mamaroneck Road in White Plains. The event is part of the 13th Legacy Series: Jewish Music in Westchester.
The opera concert features an ensemble of Metropolitan Opera and Broadway singers, cantors, as well as rising music stars from around the world. Some of the Metropolitan Opera's present and former artists scheduled to perform are Allan Glassman, Olga Makarina, Samuel Dylan Rosner and Jeanine Thames.
In addition, Lori Phillips, Gary Simpson, Dina El, Rachel Weinstock, Rabbi Robbie Harris, Cantor Daniel Mendelson, Cantor Fredda Rakusin Mendelson and Cantor Jacob Ben-Zion Mendelson will be performing. Linda Hall Gerson, assistant conductor at the Met, will serve as piano accompanist. Margaret Juntwait will be mistress of ceremonies.
Ticket prices are $40 to the general public, $70 for couples and $25 for students and seniors. Sponsors receive reserved seating, program listing and a pre-concert reception at 6 p.m. The post-concert dessert reception is open to the general public. For more information, to order tickets, or to become a sponsor, residents are asked to call 914-948-2800, ext. 112.
- 1 U.S. $1.1M Water Treatment Westchester Fine Cites White Plains
- 2 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 3 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 4 Deer Defense Group Sues Westchester County To Halt Hunting Plans
- 5 Police Asking Public's Help In Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs