WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Having trouble deciding where to eat on Thanksgiving Day? White Plains offers a variety of options for an afternoon or evening holiday meal. Here's a brief sampling:
- City Limits Diner is taking reservations for Thanksgiving from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. and is offering guests an a la carte menu of seasonal favorites.
Highlights include butternut squash soup, autumn harvest salad, wild mushroom risotto or shellfish salad. For entrees, Chef Peter will offer slow-roasted turkey with cornbread stuffing, sweet potatoes and giblet gravy for $23, roasted North Atlantic salmon for $25, or bucatini with cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, rosemary, garlic and extra olive oil for $19. City Limits also offers an array of Allen Brother’s Black Angus steaks.
For early birds, breakfast will be served from 7:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Place your orders now for pickup all day at 200 Central Ave. Make reservations by calling 914-686-9000. More details online at www.citylimitsdiner.com
- BLT Steak White Plains , at 221 Main St., will be open from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving with specials that include roasted turkey, dry-aged roasted prime rib or striped bass. Desserts include velvet chocolate rocky road, cranberry spiced bread pudding or pumpkin tart with maple ice cream.
Dinners are priced at $68 per adult and $40 per child. The full Thanksgiving Day menu can be found here online: For reservations, call 914-467-5500.
- At Serafina , next door to BLT at 199 Main St., turkey dinners as well as regular menu items, will be served most of Thanksgiving Day from 11:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. Enjoy Serafina's porcini and chestnut soup for $9.50, homemade butternut squash ravioli served with a cognac and walnut cream sauce for $14, medallions of turkey breast served with Barolo sauce, baby carrots, string beans and cranberries for $19, or turkey with a stuffing of chestnut, plums and apples, carved and served with trimmings for $21. Top it all off with a $10 pumpkin pie.
Reservations are required for parties of five or more, by calling 914-288-9300. More details online at www.whiteplains.serafinarestaurant.com.
- For those looking with a little Broadway with their meal, Westchester Broadway Theatre is offering a "South Pacific Thanksgiving Celebration" Nov. 27 with a show and buffet beginning at 1:15 p.m. (show at 3 p.m.) The menu includes, among other things, antipasto, roast turkey, glazed Virginia ham, stuffed bassa with crabmeat, corn bread stuffing, candied yams, green bean casserole and more. Price is $95.27 per person; $70.57 for those 16 and under.
Call the box office: (914) 592-2222 or visit www.BroadwayTheatre.com.
- Nearby, on the White Plains/Hartsdale border, Benjamin Steak House , at 610 Hartsdale Rd, offers a prix fixe meal for $54.95 which includes puree of pumpkin soup (or Autumn salad), traditional turkey with cranberry relish, stuffing, roasted yams, potatoes au gratin and pumpkin pie. Go here for full menu.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.