WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – The final summer concert at the White Plains City Center is Thursday, Aug. 21, featuring Lynette Williams with Akie Bermiss.
The concert series, which is a Doug Panero Presents Production, began June 19 and has been held every Thursday. Artists who have performed are Choral Pleasure, Karikatura, Willie Nile, Defibulators, Matt Simons, Yotam Silberstein, Morrie Louden Quartet and Lagond All Stars.
The Lagond All Stars hail from the Lagond Music School on 9 Haven St. in Elmsford and performed at the City Center Aug. 14. They covered several popular songs like Pharrell’s “Happy,” that got the audience moving on a perfect summer night.
Doug Panero Presents offers live music by both up-and-coming and established artists at venues like the City Center, The Stage at Rockwells and other venues in New York. It also attracts more established artists like Willie Nile, The Dirt Farmer Band, Cyrille Aimee and Tom Wopat.
Williams is a jazz, folk and indie soul artist and will take the City Center stage with Akie Bermiss.
“Lynette's voice unfurls with subtle, supple beauty, under softer ones,” according to the Doug Panero Presents website. “Akie Bermiss on vocals and keyboards adds a perfect counterpoint, making this an irresistible pair.”
The City of White Plains' Dancing Under the Stars concert series wrapped up on Wednesday, Aug. 13. But, it's Noon Day Concert Series continues every Thursday through Sept. 4. It is held Thursdays from noon to 2 p.m. during the summer at Renaissance Plaza (corner of Mamaroneck Avenue and Main Street).
- Aug. 21 - Rat Pack Tribute
- Aug. 28 - Saints, Mixing It Up
- Sept. 4 - Brian Carter, Jazz, Jazz, Jazz
- 1 Several Westchester Towns Ranked Among New York's Safest To Live In
- 2 FASNY Plan Could 'Disrupt' White Plains Schools' Operations, Officials Say
- 3 309 White Plains Dads Attend Take Your Kid To School Day
- 4 National Weather Service: White Plains' Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 5 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving White Plains Banks