WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The holidays are practically synonymous with new movie releases. So, in the spirit of December, a popular time for Hollywood blockbusters, let's pause and reflect on the many flicks that featured our glorious county, including the "Wolf of Wall Street," "Inside Llewyn Davis" and "Catch Me if You Can."
Holiday favorites such as "The Family Man" and "The Preacher's Wife" also deserve a nod.
“Throughout the years, blockbusters filmed in Westchester County have been a hit during the holiday season,” said Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino. “From romance and drama to thriller and comedy, there is an impressive list of award-winning films for everyone in the family to enjoy.”
Here, a recap featuring Westchester's starring locations, not only in 2014 but in years past, with thanks to the Westchester County Office of Tourism & Film for supplying the details.
- "Inside Llewyn Davis," Westchester Location: Ward Pound Ridge Reservation, Cross River
- "Wolf of Wall Street," Westchester Location : Ardsley, White Plains
- "Rabbit Hole," Westchester Location: Yonkers
- "It's Complicated," Westchester Location: Hastings-on-Hudson
- "I Am Legend," Westchester location: Somers
- "The Good Shepherd," Westchester location: Tarrytown
- "Mona Lisa Smile," Westchester location: Yonkers
- "Catch Me if You Can," Westchester location: Yonkers
- "Two Weeks' Notice," Westchester location: Donald Trump's home in Bedford
- "Maid in Manhattan," Westchester location: Yonkers
- "Analyze That," Westchester Location: Sing Sing Prison, Yonkers
- "The Family Man," Westchester location: Sleepy Hollow
- "Kate & Leopold," Westchester location: Yonkers
- "Stepmom," Westchester locations: Bronxville, Rye
- "The Preacher's Wife," Westchester location: Yonkers
Plus, Daily Voice reported on celebrity sightings for upcoming movies featuring Meryl Streep at Numi Hair Salon in Rye for "Ricki and the Flash" (go here ) and when the Theodore Young Community Center in Greenburgh was turned into a Hollywood set for the production of "Freeheld,” starring Julianne Moore and Steve Carell (go here ).
Ellen Page and Moore were seen in Rye Brook as well, filming for the same movie; go here for more details.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.