WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) recently announced that it will award $74.85 million in 971 grants to nonprofit organizations nationwide, including ArtsWestchester of White Plains, which is the recipient of a $35,000 grant for its upcoming Crossing Borders exhibition.
Crossing Borders will examine universal concerns of memory, heritage and assimilation through the personal lens of the artist. It is slated to open in late January-early February of next year.
All of the NEA's grants undergo a rigorous independent review process by national panels of artists and other arts experts, followed by a review of those recommendations by the National Council on the Arts, with final grant decisions made by the NEA Acting Chairman.
- 1 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 2 Stepinac's Jack Dailey Honored For Saving An Elderly Neighbor, Baby
- 3 Actor Bruce Willis Buys Two Westchester Properties, Report Says
- 4 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 5 White Plains Common Council Candidates Differ On Parking, FASNY