WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) recently announced that it will award $74.85 million in 971 grants to nonprofit organizations nationwide, including ArtsWestchester of White Plains, which is the recipient of a $35,000 grant for its upcoming Crossing Borders exhibition.
Crossing Borders will examine universal concerns of memory, heritage and assimilation through the personal lens of the artist. It is slated to open in late January-early February of next year.
All of the NEA's grants undergo a rigorous independent review process by national panels of artists and other arts experts, followed by a review of those recommendations by the National Council on the Arts, with final grant decisions made by the NEA Acting Chairman.
- 1 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 2 Officer Sues Shoe Manufacturer In White Plains Court After Injury
- 3 White Plains Council Vote On French-American School Expected On Wednesday
- 4 White Plains Man Charged With Unlawfully Collecting Unemployment
- 5 Westchester Man Wins Millions In Lottery