It might be cold and snowing outside and there isn't a thing to eat in the fridge. No worries, Westchester residents can now take advantage of UberEATS, a new app that makes it easy and "Uber" fast to have food delivered to the front door.
The service started Thursday.
To make food magically appear, Westchester residents first have to download the UberEATS app, available on iOS and Android, or go online to ubereats.com , and order delivery from the full menus of more than 60 local restaurants, said officials with Uber.
The range is wide and includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, from such favorites as Walter’s Hot Dogs, Polpettina, Sushi Tokyo, Bareburger, and Tocolo Cantina.
"Delivery is something our customers continuously ask for and now we’ll be able to bring Walter’s to them! UberEATS is going to revolutionize food delivery and we want to be a part of it from the very beginning," said Katharine Warrington Woodward, PR manager of Walter’s Hot Dogs.
Here's how to order:
- Download the app or head to UberEATS.com .
- Tell UberEATS where to deliver – add your home, work, or any other address you’d like.
- Browse local restaurants – search for your favorite local spot or try something new.
- Check out with a tap – pay with your card already on file with Uber.
- Track your order – watch as your order is prepared, picked up, and delivered right to you.
And, if you have a favorite restaurant that's not on the list, tell them to sign up, it's easy.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.