It's not too early to get into a jolly spirit for the 10th anniversary of Hudson Valley Restaurant Week (HVRW). The event runs March 7 to 20 across seven New York counties including Westchester, Dutchess, Rockland and Putnam, and features more than 220 participating restaurants (and no, it's not too early to make your reservations).
In honor of the promotion, Hudson Valley mixologists are serving up spring-inspired cocktails, many with locally-inspired names like Taconic Roadwork, Hudson Hop and Westchester Whiskey Sour.
Feel free to sip and slurp at the restaurants listed below or enjoy their cocktails at home thanks to the directions offered below.
- Raspberry Smash, Baja 328, Beacon: Ingredients: 5 Muddled raspberries, 1 1/2 oz. Casadora Blanco Tequila, 3/4 oz. Fresh squeezed lime juice and 1/2 oz. Agave nectar. Preparation: Combine raspberries, tequila, lime juice and nectar into shaker. Pour over ice. Garnish with mint.
- Bistro Martini, Broadway Bistro, Nyack: Ingredients: 3 oz. Absolute Mango Vodka or Still the One Distillery's Comb Vodka, 1 oz. of Cointreau, splash of cranberry and orange juice and fresh squeeze of lime. Preparation: Combine Cointreau, cranberry juice, orange juice and fresh lime juice, then place into a shaker with ice and shake. Garnish with fresh cranberries.
- Hudson Valley Drake Manhattan, Iron Horse Pleasantville: Ingredients: 2 1/4 oz. Tuthilltown Hudson Baby Bourbon, 1 oz. Graham’s 10-year Tawny Port, 1 (1/2 oz.) bar spoon maple syrup and a dash of Angostura Bitters. Preparation: Pour all ingredients over ice into a mixing glass. Stir the drink and strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with brandied cherries.
- Westchester Whiskey Sour, Madison Kitchen, Larchmont: Ingredients: 2 Sprigs fresh rosemary, 3 oz. 287 Whiskey, 3/4 oz. White Oak Farm maple syrup, 1/4 oz. Rosemary simple syrup, 1 oz. Lemon juice and 1 oz. Triple Sec. Preparation: Crush large sprig of rosemary by hand and add to shaker. Add all ingredients and ice to shaker. Shake vigorously for 15 seconds. Strain mixture into martini glass and garnish with remaining rosemary sprigs and orange slice.
- Taconic Roadwork, Red Hat on the River, Irvington: Ingredients: 2 oz. Rolling Hills Rum from Taconic Distillery, 1 oz. Fresh lemon juice, 1 oz. Harney & Sons Black Tea, ½ oz. Harney & Sons Earl Grey, simple syrup and orange peel. Preparation: Glassware: rocks glass. Fill shaker with ice, add rum, lemon juice, tea and syrup. Shake well. Garnish with an orange peel. To make the simple syrup, boil equal parts of water and sugar, remove from the heat. Add earl grey tea bags and steep for an hour.
- The Hudson Hop, The Tap House, Tuckahoe: Ingredients: 1 oz. Blood Orange Juice, 6 dashes of The Hudson Standard Lovestruck Bitters, and 1/2 oz. St Germaine. Preparation: Shake and pour over snifter with ice, then top it off with Capt. Lawrence Freshchester Pale Ale.
- Cornelius Peach, The Valley at the Garrison: Ingredients: 2 oz. Cornelius Peach, 1 oz. Cranberry Spice Amore and 1 fresh lime. Preparation: Pour all ingredients into mixing glass with ice cubes, stir well., then strain in chilled martini cocktail glass.
Go to www.valleytable.com/hvrw/ for more information and reservations.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.