WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Ritz-Carlton Westchester Executive Sous Chef Kennardo Holder is telling secrets.
Holder will take a group on his shopping trip to the White Plains Farmers Market Wednesday and show them not only how he chooses the ingredients for the hotel's fresh peach crisp, he'll also share the recipe.
During his weekly trips, Holder answers questions about selecting produce, cooking and more. The excursions are free and open to the public. They leave every Wednesday at 2 p.m. from the hotel lobby, 3 Renaissance Square in White Plains.
Can't make it this week? Holder will still share the hotel pastry chef's peach crisp recipe with you.
Fresh Peach Crisp
Yield: About 6 ramekins
* 6 fresh peaches (peeled, pitted, sliced)
* 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
* 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
* 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
* 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
* 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
* 1 cup + 3 Tbsp. AP flour
* 1 cup old fashioned oats
* 1 cup light brown sugar
* 1 cup butter (cold, cut into cubes)
* Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
* Gather ramekins on sheet tray.
* In a mixing bowl, toss peaches with spices, vanilla, 3 Tbsp. sugar, and 3 Tbsp. flour.
* Pour the peaches into ramekins.
* In a separate mixing bowl, combine 1 cup flour with old-fashioned oats and brown sugar. Cut in butter until you have a crumbly consistency.
* Pour the crumbly topping on top of the peaches.
* Bake in the oven, uncovered for about 45 minutes.
* Serve warm with scoop of vanilla ice cream.