WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- About 6,000 residents joined to raise more than $800,000 in the 2014 March for Babies to benefit the March of Dimes on Sunday, April 27.
Special guests at the day’s events included March for Babies Chair Martin Ball, vice president of Customers Bank, and the Degl Family, the 2014 Westchester Ambassador Family. White Plains Mayor Tom Roach, Miss Westchester and Mrs. Westchester also joined walkers on the route.
“We’ve seen today how important the health of moms and babies are to the people of Westchester,” Ball said in a statement. “I’m so proud to be part of a community where people come together for such a great cause. Helping our babies should be a top priority, and we’re excited about what we’ve accomplished here today.”
Money raised by the event funds research, education and local community grants for programs.
- 1 Three White Plains Businesses Fined By State Liquor Authority
- 2 White Plains Police Investigating Assault That Left Man Unconscious
- 3 Man Faces DWI Charge After Crash In White Plains
- 4 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 5 Jeanine Pirro's Westchester Home Is Listed At $4.99M