Easter Sunday is March 27, and it's a billion-dollar holiday in the United States.
More than 70 percent of Americans consider themselves Christian, and Easter Sunday is the busiest day of the year for churches, reports WalletHub.
It's also the fifth biggest day for greeting cards, with an average of 44 million exchanged each year.
Easter by the numbers:
- $17.32 billion: Easter-related spending expected in 2016
- 89 percent: Americans who believe chocolate bunnies should be eaten ears first
- 90 million: chocolate Easter bunnies are made annually for the holiday
- 81percent: Parents who steal from their kids’ Easter baskets
- 1.5 billion: Marshmallow Peeps are consumed each Easter
- 35: Number of Peep flavors over Easter
- 2.6 billion: Eggs are purchased each March
- 6,000 pounds: Weight of the heaviest jelly bean
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.