GREENBURGH, N.Y.--The Town of Greenburgh will have its annual Police Youth Program Graduation at 10 a.m. Aug. 24 at the multi-purpose center at the Anthony Veteran Park.
The program is an eight week course in which 28 local “cadets,” ages 12-15, are put through a mini police academy.
In addition to classroom sessions, the campers were brought to local courts, district courts, the New York Police Department Academy and local correctional facilities. Cadets also received visits from the U.S. Secret Service, the FBI’S White Plains office and the county district attorney’s office.
Demonstrations were given by the county bomb squad and aviation unit, the Greenburgh and Yonkers K-9 units. The Hudson River Marine units and Greenburgh SWAT.
The camp is intended to expose children to the different facets of law enforcement in the hopes they will choose a career in the field.
- 1 Good Counsel Witnesses Another Protest Against Sale Of White Plains School
- 2 White Plains Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 3 Nor'easter To Impact White Plains On Wednesday
- 4 Stepinac's Jack Dailey Honored For Saving An Elderly Neighbor, Baby
- 5 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola