GREENBURGH, N.Y.--The Town of Greenburgh will have its annual Police Youth Program Graduation at 10 a.m. Aug. 24 at the multi-purpose center at the Anthony Veteran Park.
The program is an eight week course in which 28 local “cadets,” ages 12-15, are put through a mini police academy.
In addition to classroom sessions, the campers were brought to local courts, district courts, the New York Police Department Academy and local correctional facilities. Cadets also received visits from the U.S. Secret Service, the FBI’S White Plains office and the county district attorney’s office.
Demonstrations were given by the county bomb squad and aviation unit, the Greenburgh and Yonkers K-9 units. The Hudson River Marine units and Greenburgh SWAT.
The camp is intended to expose children to the different facets of law enforcement in the hopes they will choose a career in the field.
- 1 Three White Plains Businesses Fined By State Liquor Authority
- 2 White Plains Police Investigating Assault That Left Man Unconscious
- 3 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon
- 4 Man Faces DWI Charge After Crash In White Plains
- 5 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says