Perhaps one of the most fun -- and perplexing -- holidays of all is April Fools Day, celebrated every year on April 1.
April Fools' Day is one of the most light-hearted days of the year, according to National Day Calendar and Info Please.
Its origins are uncertain, though some see it as a celebration related to the change of the seasons.
April Fools' Day is observed throughout the West and practices include prompting people to believe or do things off the cuff.
- Change the coffee in the coffee or at home to decaf.
- Switch the Push and Pull signs on a set of doors.
- Hide an alarm clock in someone’s bedroom and set it for 3 a.m.
- Tape magnets to the bottom of a cup, put it on the roof of your car and drive around.
- Put food coloring in the hand soap dispenser.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.