Hopes and dreams taste like coffee and that's why we start our day with a cup, or two, or three ... but who's counting? Thursday, Sept. 29 is National Coffee Day, so say cheers to an entire pot.
How Will You Celebrate National Coffee Day?
Go to Starbucks for Double Latte
Get My Usual at Dunkin Donuts
Folgers in My Cup at Home
Get My Java Fix At Fav Local Coffee Shop
Coffee? I'll Take Tea!
No one knows the origin of National Coffee Day but who cares? If any beverage deserves its own holiday, it's the perpetually "hot" cuppa joe.
Americans drink about 146 billion cups of coffee a year, making us the worldwide consumption leader, according to Wallethub.com . Nearly 75 percent of Americans drink coffee, averaging nearly three cups a day, a recent Gallup Poll says,
But National Coffee Day is not just 24 hours to bow to its mystical powers; it's also time to grab some freebies and bargains. (Offers are good only on Sept. 29 except where noted.) Check out the following, as well as what might be offered at your local java joint.
- Dunkin’ Donuts : Get a medium cup for 66 cents, a nod to the day, and to themselves, for being in business for 66 years.
- Cumberland Farms : Text the word FREECOFFEE to 64827 and receive a mobile coupon for a free cup of Farmhouse Blend or Bold coffee in any size.
- Keurig.com : Through Sunday, Oct. 2, get 20 percent off Green Mountain Coffee K-Cup pods and 15 percent off others with the code GREENSAVINGS at checkout.
- Krispy Kreme : Free small coffee and a free Original Glazed doughnut.
- Starbucks : Take 5 percent off any online order through Oct. 1 with coupon code 5OFFSEPT16. Buy a cup of brewed Mexican Chiapas coffee and Starbucks will donate a coffee tree to a needy coffee farmer.
After you're caffeinated, fill us in on how you celebrated.