WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – Just prior to the Sept. 11 anniversary, Reality Theatre Productions is presenting “In Session with Dr. Mark Lerner,” featuring Bobby Senn, on Sept. 5 and 7. The production delves into the story of Senn, a firefighter and survivor of the 9/11 terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center.
Reality Theatre Productions is Lerner’s creation, and allows real people to share their stories and experiences, in order to inspire their audiences. The presentations are not scripted, but are structured as theatrical productions.
Lerner takes on the role of a psychologist and Senn as a patient in the production. Senn speaks about being a New York City firefighter and surviving the Sept. 11 attacks. Broadway actor David Gabriel Lerner will make a special appearance during the premier production.
Rather than focusing on mental illness, the sessions produced by Lerner are designed to raise awareness and acceptance of the feelings of others, in an attempt to bring about emotional wellness. Audiences will have the opportunity to hear original, extraordinary tales of people who have overcome harsh conditions.
The program is not meant to convey psychological or medical advice, but to entertain and enlighten those who watch.
- 1 5-Year-Old Boy Subject Of NY Amber Alert Is Found Dead
- 2 Paul Fried Named New White Plains Schools Superintendent
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In White Plains
- 4 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester
- 5 White Plains HS Community Mourns Loss Of Teacher, Coach Tom Eaton