WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – White Plains celebrated Oktoberfest on Sunday with German music, food and plenty of beer.
The city closed down a section of Mamaroneck Avenue for the celebration as an Oompah Band played to the crowd's delight. Most bars along the strip opened up outdoor service areas to accommodate the crowd.
Visit our photo gallery for more photos of the event.
- 1 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Danger Lurks At Many Westchester Intersections
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd