WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Still undecided on your Halloween plans? A host of bars along Mamaroneck Avenue are honoring All Hallows Eve with all the fright and fun associated with a Friday night in the city.
- Put on your best costume and head to The Brazen Fox where you have two chances to win valuable prizes. On Thursday, Oct. 30, at 9 p.m. your outfit can get you $1,000 for first prize, $500 for second and $250 for third. Come on Friday, Oct. 31 at 9 p.m. and the prizes range from free gas for one year (up to $2,000) for first prize, two hour open bar for ten people for second prize (21 and older only) and an Apple iPad for third. Get the Scary Details: 175 Mamaroneck Ave., 914-358-5911, thebrazenfox.com .
- Show off your dance moves at Hudson Grille on Oct. 31 where a DJ will be on hand till 3:30 a.m. The venue is also hosting a costume contest starting at 10:45 p.m. Get the Scary Details: 165 Mamaroneck Ave., 914-997-2000, hudsongrilleny.com .
- Win vouchers in various amounts (to be used at any locale) when you come in costume to O'Connors Public House on Oct. 31. There will be a DJ as well as drink specials. Get the Scary Details: 93 Mamaroneck Ave., 914-358- 9145: oconnorspublichouse.com .
- Ron Blacks is calling all costume fanatics for its annual Oct. 31 costume party where prizes include $1,000 cash (first prize), a $500 gift certificate to the Ritz Carlton’s (second prize) and a PlayStation 4 (third prize). The contest starts at 9 p.m. Get the Scary Details: 181 Mamaroneck Ave., ronblacks.com .
- Elements Food and Spirits is pulling out all the stops for its Oct. 31 bash complete with costumes, appetizers, drink specials, and live entertainment starting at 10 p.m. And dare you already have Halloween plans, the restaurant is hosting similar parties (yes, more costumes and more prizes) on Saturday and Sunday nights, also at 10 p.m. Get the Scary Details: 161 Mamaroneck Ave., 914-358-4930, elementswhiteplains.com .
- Should you decide to host a party at home or stay in to welcome trick-or-treaters, stop by Vino 100 for the once a year release of Bogle Phantom ($22), a blood red, very bold vintage that Owner Stu Levine says is "frighteningly good." He also carries Crystal Head vodka, complete with two shot glasses, in the shape of -- you guessed it -- a crystal head ($50). Get the Scary Details: 171 Mamaroneck Ave., 914-949-8466, vino100whiteplains.com .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.