WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Residents who are interested in buying or renting affordable housing will have the opportunity to attend Westchester County's 2015 Fair and Affordable Housing from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, March 14 at the Westchester County Center in White Plains.
Realtors, mortgage lenders and not-for-profit counselors, will be available to answer any and all questions.
Throughout the day, visitors can get answers to questions such as:
- How much do I need for a down payment?
- What are my rights with respect to fair and affordable housing? Am I eligible?
- What is the importance of credit and a good credit score?
- What is the role of the not-for-profit counselor, the realtor, the inspector, the attorney and the lender?
- Are there any programs that help with my down payment and closing costs?
- Is it better to rent or own?
A 1 p.m. workshop on "Fair and Affordable Housing" will focus on the Westchester County Housing Settlement and on how to navigate through Homeseeker Online, a website where visitors are provided with information about affordable homeownership and rental apartment opportunities in Westchester. Those attending also can learn about fair lending, affirmative marketing, the FAH application and selection process and about current and pending FAH homeownership and rental opportunities.
A workshop entitled "Rental Housing" will provide visitors with an opportunity to meet with not-for-profit counselors who will advise and describe the process of finding affordable housing rentals at 2 p.m.
Admission to the event is free. The Westchester County Center is at 198 Central Ave., White Plains.
For more information on the expo, contact Westchester Residential Opportunities at firstname.lastname@example.org, 914-428-4507 x 314; or the Housing Action Council at email@example.com, 914-332-4144.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.