WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Westchester Jewish Community Services’ Center Lane Program will host its annual Gay Prom on Friday, June 20, co-sponsored this year by PrideWorks.
It’s the 19th prom since the agency created Westchester’s only community center for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ) adolescents.
One of the oldest events of its kind in the Northeast U.S., the prom attracts more than 200 lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning youth, as well as straight allies, from Westchester, Rockland, Orange and Putman counties along with others from New York City and Long Island. It has become the alternative event for youth who feel alienated from their school proms.
- 1 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 2 Snow Could Be Returning To White Plains
- 3 White Plains Man Charged In Greenburgh Shooting
- 4 White Plains Shopping Center Has Been Spruced Up With Fashion, Bowling
- 5 Manhattan Building Collapses After Apparent Gas Explosion