WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Westchester Jewish Community Services’ Center Lane Program will host its annual Gay Prom on Friday, June 20, co-sponsored this year by PrideWorks.
It’s the 19th prom since the agency created Westchester’s only community center for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ) adolescents.
One of the oldest events of its kind in the Northeast U.S., the prom attracts more than 200 lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning youth, as well as straight allies, from Westchester, Rockland, Orange and Putman counties along with others from New York City and Long Island. It has become the alternative event for youth who feel alienated from their school proms.
- 1 FASNY Plan Could 'Disrupt' White Plains Schools' Operations, Officials Say
- 2 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving White Plains Banks
- 3 White Plains Ranks Among Best Small-To-Midsize Cities In US
- 4 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 5 Police Locate Threats Against Westchester, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App