WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Westchester Jewish Community Services’ Center Lane Program will host its annual Gay Prom on Friday, June 20, co-sponsored this year by PrideWorks.
It’s the 19th prom since the agency created Westchester’s only community center for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ) adolescents.
One of the oldest events of its kind in the Northeast U.S., the prom attracts more than 200 lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning youth, as well as straight allies, from Westchester, Rockland, Orange and Putman counties along with others from New York City and Long Island. It has become the alternative event for youth who feel alienated from their school proms.
- 1 New York Archdiocese Could Merge White Plains Parishes
- 2 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 3 Paul Fried Named New White Plains Schools Superintendent
- 4 5-Year-Old Boy Subject Of NY Amber Alert Is Found Dead
- 5 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester