SCARSDALE, N.Y. – The Junior League of Central Westchester in Scarsdale is offering residents a chance to get a break from holiday shopping as it hosts an open house at Wayside Cottage.
From 1 to 3 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 16, costumed guides will take visitors on a tour of the historic cottage, which will be decorated with authentic colonial decorations.
Wayside Cottage is listed on the National Registry of Historic Sites. It has expanded from a one-room farmhouse that was built in the 1600s and has been used as an inn, tavern and post office. It became a part of the Butler Family’s country estate in 1853, and, in 1919, it was deeded to the village of Scarsdale to preserve the cottage for civic use.
All interested parties are welcome. Reservations can be made by emailing email@example.com or by phone at (914) 723-6130.
- 1 Obamas Could Be Bound For Westchester After Presidency, Report Says
- 2 Westchester DA Issues Alert About Sexual Predators Posing As Others
- 3 Daily Voice Leaders: Michael Israel, CEO, Westchester Medical Center
- 4 Promising Leads In Edgemont's Lauren Spierer Case Pick Up Steam
- 5 Former School Employee, Armonk Man Charged In $280K Scam