WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- The Ritz-Carlton, White Plains is giving residents the opportunity to see how a master chef shops at a farmers market.
The "Farmers Market Trip with Chef" will run each month, beginning at 2 p.m., Wednesday, April 2, at the White Plains Farmers Market. Executive Chef Kennardo Holder will provide the tour and one-on-one experience that is free and open to the public.
“Although many locals frequent the farmers market, walking through the abundant supply of fresh and local products is much different when accompanied by a professional,” said Jeff Dziak, general manager, The Ritz-Carlton, Westchester. “The Ritz-Carlton, Westchester is thrilled to turn a trip to the farmers market into a fun, inspiring and educational experience.”
Holder will begin his tours at The Ritz-Carlton, Westchester lobby.
“This trip will help educate people on scouting out the freshest fruits and veggies while produce shopping,” said Holder. “We are here to provide guidance on what to buy and share endless farmers market secrets.”
The program runs until September. The Ritz-Carlton, Westchester is at 3 Renaissance Square in White Plains.
- 1 Good Counsel Witnesses Another Protest Against Sale Of White Plains School
- 2 White Plains Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 3 Nor'easter To Impact White Plains On Wednesday
- 4 Stepinac's Jack Dailey Honored For Saving An Elderly Neighbor, Baby
- 5 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola