WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The Nature Centers of Westchester County along with Muscoot Farm have a series of events for the whole family during the weekend of Jan. 10 and Jan. 11.
- Trailside Nature Museum at Ward Pound Ridge Reservation, Cross River. The Naturalist’s Choice Hike. Weather and seasonal conditions will determine where this hike will lead. Call 914-864-7322 for more information.
- Lenoir Preserve, Dudley Street, Yonkers. Surviving the Winter.11 a.m. Learn how local flora and fauna have adapted to survive Westchester's winter. Call 914-968-5851 to learn more.
- Cranberry Lake Preserve, Old Orchard Street, North White Plains Winter Wonderland Hike. 11 a.m. A hike to enjoy the fresh, crisp air. Call 914-428-1005.
- Marshlands Conservancy, Route 1, RyeWinter Bird Feeder Make ‘n’Take from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Make your own bird feeder to take home, then go for a hike. Call 914-835-4466 .
- Muscoot Farm, Route 100, Somers. Basics of Wood Carving. 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Learn the basics of woodcarving. Ages 14 and up only. Fee $40; pre-registration required at 914-864-7286.
- Lasdon Park, Arboretum and Veterans Memorial, Route 35, Katonah. Growing under Lights. 2 p.m. Learn how to grow indoor plants using artificial lights. Free; pre-registration required at 914-864-7264.
- Marshlands Conservancy, Route 1, Rye Evening Owl Prowl at 5:30 p.m . Bring binoculars to seek out the first breeding bird of the year, the Great horned owl. Call 914-835-4466.
Visit westchestergov.com/parks to learn more about nature events.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.