WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Yoga lovers are invited to take their first stretch of the summer under the open sky at the Mental Health Association of Westchester's Get On Your Mat event with renowned yoga instructor Matthew Stanford on Wednesday, June 18, at 5:30 p.m.
The event will be held on Court Street in White Plains, between Main and Martine.
Stanford is the author of the book "Waking: A Memoir of Trauma and Transcendence," in which he tells the story of the car accident in which he was paralyzed from the chest down and the subsequent awakening of both mind and body through yoga.
“The principles of yoga apply to all people and to all bodies,” said Stanford.
Live music will be performed by Answer the Muse.
Registration is $25 for adults and $10 for children younger than 12.
For more information and to register, visit www.mhawestchester.org/onyourmat
- 1 New York Archdiocese Could Merge White Plains Parishes
- 2 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 3 Paul Fried Named New White Plains Schools Superintendent
- 4 5-Year-Old Boy Subject Of NY Amber Alert Is Found Dead
- 5 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester