LARCHMONT, N.Y. -- The Larchmont Public Library will host state chess champion Joshua Colas on Saturday, March 8. Colas is a White Plains native and sophomore at White Plains High School.
"In his young chess career, Joshua has won no less than six national championships and has been named to the All-American Scholastic Chess Team every year since 2009," representatives said.
Colas earned the title of Chess Master in 2010 making him the youngest African-American Chess Master in history, representatives said. The August 2012 national chess rankings listed Joshua Colas as the top rated 13-year-old chess player in the United States.
"Join us for this unique opportunity to meet a real up-and-coming chess superstar, watch him play the game and learn from a Chess Master," library representatives said.
Space for the event is limited and registration is required. Residents can register by calling 914-834-2281 or visit the Larchmont Library website.
- 1 White Plains Parking Officer Offered To Drop Ticket For Sex, Say Police
- 2 Snow Likely In White Plains On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 3 White Plains Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 4 White Plains Schools Will Have Early Dismissal Wednesday
- 5 White Plains HS Students Protest Non-Indictment In Ferguson