WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Burke Rehabilitation Center will host Gary Karp, an internationally recognized public speaker, who will talk about how to turn tragedy into triumph on Wednesday, April 9, from 4:30-6 p.m.
At just 18, Karp was injured in a fall from a tree, broke two vertebrae, and injured his spinal cord. He has not walked since, but has gone on to write three books and was inducted into the Spinal Cord Injury Hall of Fame.
In his talk, Karp will focus on different coping styles, the path to being as active and independent as possible, making the most out of rehab and more.
There is no cost to attend the event. The event will be held at the Billings Building at 785 Mamaroneck Ave., White Plains.
- 1 White Plains Ranks As Best Town To Live In New York
- 2 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 3 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies
- 4 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit
- 5 Airbag Recall Is Largest Ever In Auto History