WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Burke Rehabilitation Center will host Gary Karp, an internationally recognized public speaker, who will talk about how to turn tragedy into triumph on Wednesday, April 9, from 4:30-6 p.m.
At just 18, Karp was injured in a fall from a tree, broke two vertebrae, and injured his spinal cord. He has not walked since, but has gone on to write three books and was inducted into the Spinal Cord Injury Hall of Fame.
In his talk, Karp will focus on different coping styles, the path to being as active and independent as possible, making the most out of rehab and more.
There is no cost to attend the event. The event will be held at the Billings Building at 785 Mamaroneck Ave., White Plains.
- 1 Ex-White Plains Police Officer Left Suicide Note At Murder Scene
- 2 9-Year-Old Plans To Rock White Plains With His Debut Album
- 3 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison
- 4 State Police Warn White Plains Residents Of Phone Scam
- 5 Stepinac Grad Recovering As 'Ice Missile' From 18-Wheeler Breaks Windshield