TARRYTOWN, N.Y. — Jazz Forum Arts announced its fall lineup of artists that will be performing from September through November at Tarrytown Music Hall.
Jazz concerts scheduled at Tarrytown Music Hall this fall include the following:
- Dianne Reves, four-time Grammy Award-Winning vocalist on Saturday, Sept. 28, at 8 p.m. Reeves is the pre-eminent female jazz vocalist in the world today. As a result of her virtuosity, improvisational prowess and unique jazz and R&B stylings, Reeves received the Grammy for Best Jazz Vocal Performance for three consecutive recording, a Grammy first in any vocal category. Reeves appeared in George Clooney’s “Good Night, and Good Luck,” the Academy Award nominated film that chronicles Edward R. Murrow’s confrontation with Senator Joseph McCarthy. The soundtrack recording of “Good Night, and Good Luck” provided Reeves her fourth Best Jazz Vocal Grammy in 2006.
- Arturo Sandoval on Friday, Oct. 11, at 8 p.m. Equally at home in popular music, jazz or the classical world, one of the most dynamic and vivacious live performers of our time, 9-time Grammy winner Arturo Sandoval has been seen by millions at the Oscars performing with Celine Dion, at the Grammy Awards with Justin Timberlake and in his own right as a headliner. He has recorded with Dizzy Gillespie, Woody Herman, Stan Getz, Johnny Mathis, Frank Sinatra just to name a few. He also won an Emmy for composing the score to HBO’s documentary about his life “For Love Or Country,” starring Andy Garcia.
- Sweet Honey in the Rock on Friday, Nov. 8, at 8 p.m. Founded by Bernice Johnson Reagon in 1973, Sweet Honey in the Rock is an internationally renowned a cappella ensemble that has been a vital and innovative presence in the music culture of Washington, D.C., and in communities of conscience around the world. In the best and in the hardest of times, Sweet Honey In The Rock has come in song to communities across the U.S., and around the world raising her voice in hope, love, justice, peace, and resistance.
Jazz Forum Arts receives funding from New York State Council on the Arts, Arts Westchester, Sheraton Tarrytown Hotel, WBGO and Latin Percussion. To purchase tickets, to learn more about Jazz Forum Arts and fall Jazz at the Tarrytown Music Hall, visit their website or call 877-840-0457.
- 1 Robber Walks Off With $90,000 From White Plains Gas Station, Police Say
- 2 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 3 WABC-TV Reporter Lisa Colagrossi Of Stamford Dies At 49
- 4 White Plains Man Pleads Guilty To Manslaughter In Vodka Bottle Case
- 5 Rye Police Identify High School Student Charged In Latest Bomb Threat