WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg, who grew up in Dobbs Ferry, is ranked No. 16 in the world in Forbes' list of billionaires.
Michael Bloomberg, who owns a home in North Salem, ranks No. 14 on the list and George Soros of Bedford ranks No. 29. Nine people with connections to Westchester County were on the Forbes list of billionaires.
Microsoft's Bill Gates, with a net worth of $79.2 billion, is ranked No. 1. For the complete Forbes list, click here .
Zuckerberg was born in White Plains, grew up in Dobbs Ferry and attended Ardsley High School. His net worth is $33.4 billion, according to Forbes. He attended Phillips Exeter Academy and Harvard University. He co-founded Facebook in 2004.
Bloomberg's net worth is $35.4 billion. The former mayor of New York City returned last year to run Bloomberg LP, a financial news and information company.
Soros has a net worth of $24.2 billion. He runs a hedge fund.
Other businessmen on the list from Westchester County are:
- Daniel Och, No. 452, Scarsdale, Chairman and CEO of Och-Ziff Capital Management Group, $3.9 billion.
- David Rockefeller, No. 603, Sleepy Hollow, philanthropist, $3 billion.
- David Gottesman, Rye, No. 322, First Manhattan Co., CEO, $2.1 billion
- Nelson Peltz, Bedford, No. 1006, Trian Fund Management, $1.9 billion
- David Einhorn, No. 1054, Rye, founder and President of Greenlight Capital, $1.8 billion
- Thomas Secunda, Croton, No. 1054, Bloomberg executive, $1.8 billion
The Forbes billionaires includes 290 newcomers, 71 of them from China. A record 46 of billionaires are under age 40. Former NBA player Michael Jordan made the list at No. 1,741, the first time he has made the list.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.