WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Westchester’s largest and most influential business organization is looking for a few good entrepreneurs to honor.
The Business Council of Westchester, based in Rye Brook, is calling for nominations for entry into its Hall of Fame.
The program recognizes the lifetime achievements of Westchester businesses in five categories: small business, entrepreneurs, corporate citizens, family-owned companies, and women in business.
Members of the business community are encouraged to nominate a client, colleague, vendor, friend … or their own business. Nominees do not have to be Business Council members.
The deadline to submit nominations is Jan. 15, 2016.
Submissions can be made online by clicking here .
The Hall of Fame Awards dinner will be held on Tuesday, April 19, at the Glen Island Harbour Club in New Rochelle.
The 2015 winners were: New York Medical College, Mindspark, York International Agency, LLC, Rella Fogliano of MacQuesten Development, American Christmas, Inc., and Beecher Flooks Funeral Home.
For more information about the council, click here .
The awards, an what has to be done to achieve them, are:
- Corporate Citizenship -- This award is presented to a company that has made a significant contribution and commitment to the Westchester community, including fostering economic opportunity, and cultivating collaborations and partnerships.
- Entrepreneurial Success: This award is presented to an individual or company that began as a small business and has since developed and grown into a larger one. Judges consider growth in the number of employees and increase in annual sales; and innovativeness of product or service provided.
- Small Business Success: This award is presented to an individual or small business that displays strong "staying power," including a substantiated history as an established business, with trend of growth, for example, the number of employees or increased annual sales; creativity, and ability to respond to a dynamic economic environment.
- Women in Business Success: This award is presented to a woman who has achieved a high level of success in business. The nominee must demonstrate leadership as a business owner or an executive in a corporation; and increased business results through effective management.
- Family Business Success: This award is presented to a business that demonstrates positive results by combining a winning business strategy with a strong family work ethic. This includes positive multigenerational family business involvement; and effective business strategy.
Contributions and commitment to the community, and evidence of building a more sustainable (green) business, are factors considered in each one of these categories.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.