WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – The Business Council of Westchester announced the winners of its prestigious Business Hall of Fame Awards.
This year’s honorees represent a diverse group of Westchester’s top businesses, including a world-renowned technology developer, a leading holiday decorator, one of the nation’s oldest medical colleges, an affordable housing developer, a full-service insurance company and a family-owned funeral home that has operated for three generations.
The winners will be honored at the 2015 Business Hall of Fame Awards Dinner Tuesday, April 21 at the Glen Island Harbour Club in New Rochelle. The winners in their respective categories are:
- Corporate Citizenship: New York Medical College in Valhalla. Dr. Robert Amler, vice president for government affairs and professor of public health, will accept the award.
- Entrepreneurial Success: Mindspark in Yonkers. Tim Allen, CEO, will accept the award.
- Small Business Success: York International Agency, LLC in Harrison. Robert Kestenbaum, CEO will accept the award.
- Women in Business Success: Rella Fogliano, president of MacQuesten Development in Pelham. Fogliano will accept the award.
- Family Owned Business: American Christmas in Mount Vernon. Fred Schwam, CEO, will accept the award.
- Chairman’s Recognition Award: Beecher Flooks Funeral Home in Pleasantville. William Flooks Jr., funeral director, will accept award.
Unique to this year’s Hall of Fame is the addition of the Chairman’s Recognition Award. The recipient of this inaugural award was chosen from among all of the entries received across all categories. The award recognizes a business or organization for its outstanding contributions to the community.
“We are proud to have a diverse and distinguished group of honorees that represent the best of Westchester businesses,” said Marsha Gordon, president and CEO of The Business Council of Westchester. “Our winners are a reflection of the dynamism of Westchester’s economy that is made up of everything from large corporations to family-owned businesses. We are honored to induct these companies into the 2015 Business Hall of Fame.”